Red Hot Chili Peppers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I recently went to a Red Hot Chili concert at the Worcester Centrum. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen. The Chili Peppers jammed the house for more than 90 minutes. Flea calmed everyone down in the middle with an awesome rendition of Pea. Then Anthony Kedias came back to jam on "One Big Mob." They played a lot of classics along with just about everything off their new album, "One Hot Minute."

Opening for them were The Rentals who played really well, with their loud synthesizer music. The bassist and guitarist from Weezer joined the band they recorded their first album with earlier this year. They are going to become an exciting band to listen to and watch in the near future.

After The Rentals were Silverchair. Silverchair is an Australian rock group who put out their first album called "Frogstomp." I felt they were the worst band that played that night. They only rocked one song which was "Israel's Son." All their other songs were boring. They are only 16, though, so they may get better in the future. Silverchair is led by singer and guitarist Daniel Johns who, that night, sounded more like Michael Jackson. Most of the time they looked down at their guitars and made sure they were playing the right chords. Then they used strobe lights to simulate movement since they didn't budge from their spots. The strobe lights were an awful idea since all they did was blind the audience. Maybe that's what they wanted.

Luckily the Chili Peppers saved the show. They rocked the Centrum. If you have a chance to see this concert, see it. It was an exciting show. I would like to see it again..