Load | Teen Ink

Load MAG

Anyone looking for a good mix of some rock and roll and heavy metal should run to the nearest music store and pick up Metallica's latest hit album, "Load." This album is very different from some of Metallica's previous albums including "Ride the Lightning," "And Just For All," and the self-titled album "Metallica." They have changed their style by slowing down the pace of the songs. Most of their previous songs were real heavy metal. The songs on "Load" are more relaxed and can even be listened to by someone who hates heavy metal. One song, "Mama Said," almost sounds like a country song. The beat is very slow and guitarist Kirk Hammett gives the twangy sound of country music to his guitar. Hammett, along with singer James Hetfield and drummer Lars Ulrich, writes all their songs. The members of the band knew it would be controversial to switch to a new style, but I think it has paid off because it turned out to be a success. A few die-hard Metallica fans do not like the new style, but most go along with the change because they love the band.

The first hit single was "Until It Sleeps," which turned out to be a huge success. The latest single released was "Hero of the Day." This song has already moved near the top of the charts, and the video on MTV rocketed close to the top of the video world in its first week. Other songs worth hearing are "The House Jack Built," "King Nothing," and "Bleeding Me." Many people thought that Metallica was dying out, but this album proves that they are back

i love this so much!