Jewel - Pieces Of You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The success which Jewel Kilcher has recently achieved was cemented this past January with her win at the American Music Awards where she beat out No Doubt and Donna Lewis for the title of Best New Artist. Jewel graciously accepted her award and showered her fans with thanks, saying that she would still be living in her car if it wasn't for them. Listening to her album, one would wonder why.

The fourteen tracks, which all feature Jewel's soothing voice and guitar can all easily be related to. In the contemplative title track, she tackles the ever-present issue of discrimination and causes the listener to examine her/himself. In "Don't," she tells of how deep and meaningful love can be. "You Were Meant For Me" tells of a girl's confidence and happiness that she found in a soulmate.

As an added feature, there are poems which the Alaskan singer has penned herself, the best of which describe her good features, as well as her flaws and imperfections. The album is relaxing and fun to sing along with at the same time. I highly recommend "Pieces of You" to everyone