Destroy The Machines | Teen Ink

Destroy The Machines MAG

By Anonymous

   Earth Crisis is a band that promotes a positive message to anyone who will listen. The CD, "Destroy the Machines," which is dedicated to the vegan straight-edge, covers everything from animal rights and helping the earth to abstinence from self-induced poisons.

Earth Crisis originated in Syracuse, New York. They are a straight-edge hard-core band that has twice toured Europe. Straight edge is a term that originated in Syracuse, which means to abstain from drugs and alcohol.

The lyrics alone make you think of all the things going on in the world, and it makes you sad. In the song, "Destroy the Machines," the lyrics say "Fighting to save the animals/their freedom is our peace/for their habitats' preservation/for violence against them to cease. This makes clear their message as to how they stand on the issue of animal rights. In "The Discipline," they say that the key to self liberation is abstinence. They also sing about veganism, which is one step further than vegetarianism. It means that a person doesn't eat meat or use any products that come from animals including dairy, eggs, fur and wool.

If you enjoy listening to hard-core, punk-heavy metal type music, and believe in animal rights, or just want to hear a really great band, this CD is an excellent choice! .