Smashing Pumpkins | Teen Ink

Smashing Pumpkins MAG

By Anonymous

   The crowd cheered loudly and the lights flashed violently as front man Billy Corgan, guitarist James Iha and Bassist D'arcy entered the stage. I felt my stomach twist and I was paralyzed with excitement because this was my first concert.

I adore the Smashing Pumpkins, so I was expecting a lot out of the concert, and I got it. The first song they played was "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness," and then the beautiful piano chords were transformed into an amazing guitar part as they played "Zero." People were jumping up and down screaming out lyrics. It was nothing I had ever seen before. I couldn't believe I was in the same building as Billy Corgan and could see him clearly.

Many great songs followed and then they played their number one single and most well-known, "Today." Everyone cheered and jumped up and down. Then I was ecstatic as I heard my absolute most favorite song, "Bodies." As I heard the awesome guitar part, I just about died. I was jumping up and down, screaming the lyrics.

They thought they'd finish off the concert with another well-known song from their album "Siamese Dream," called "Cherub Rock." After about seven encores which included most of the songs on the "Mellon Collie" CD and some others, they left us with "Farewell and Good Night."

This was my first concert and I enjoyed it immensely. I'd definitely give it a ten. I would go fifty more times if I had the chance. I know that I'll never forget it