The Beatles – | Teen Ink

The Beatles – MAG

“The Beatles One” is by far the best Beatles ­album ever compiled. It was released in 2000 and includes all of the band's biggest pop rock hits from the U.K. and the U.S. Most of the songs were ­released during the '60s, and all but two were on top-ten lists. The album includes number-one hits like “We Can Work it Out” and “Day Tripper.”

The Beatles had many styles. One of the reasons this album is so popular is that it shows the evolution of their musical skill. Most of the songs at the beginning are basic three-chord rock tunes, such as “I Want to Hold Your Hand,” but as the CD progresses, The Beatles' musical talent flourishes. The listener can hear their talent peak with “Hey Jude.” Many instruments and beats make this one of their most popular songs. 

There are many reasons I love this album. One is that every time I listen, I get lost in the poetic lyrics. Also, no matter how often I hear the songs, they never get old. The only downside is that this album doesn't contain songs from the band's later career.

From the time The Beatles formed in 1960 to today, they have been one of the most popular and influential bands of all time. They were not just singers, they were composers. Many groups that did not write their own music, like the Monkees, didn't remain together long. “The Beatles One” is a culmination of the band's best songs and it deserves two thumbs up.

S-Chique00 GOLD, Dundalk, Other

Rocky Balboa: You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.

Rubber Soul was the best album, in terms of themes and transition, in my opinion. I have the One album, it's absolutely brilliant (or gear, in the words of The Beatles!). You can buy it almost anywhere, and you can get it really cheap on the interweb, lol. I am also a major fan of The White Album, so happy listening!

S-Chique00 GOLD, Dundalk, Other

Well, they were from Liverpool, so I doubt that they sounded that distinguished and plummy (with no disrespect to Liverpudlians and their terrible accent). I'd imagine they'd be more like this; John: Hey lads, why don't we take over the world? Paul: That's a gear idea, John! George: Yeah, we'll save the whole world from boredom, right? Ringo: Well, I think that's a whole lotta rubbish. I've got blisters on mah fingers! (I know that last part didn't really make any sense, but I love that line!!)

S-Chique00 GOLD, Dundalk, Other

The best band that ever lived, by miles! I have this album myself, and was also quite disheartened to note the lack of songs from Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper's, and The White Album. However, the compilation only includes tracks which were No.1 hits, so the absence of these albums is unfortunate, but understandable. An absolutely epic collection of catchy pop tunes, roaring rock melodies and beautiful, blasting ballads. Stunning! Extremely well written review, by the way.

KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

I love their albums: Magical Mystery Tour, Rubber Soul, Revolver, and the White Album. The White album has so many classics. I just wrote like a one pager story inspired by Here comes the sun, blackbird, and (I didn't put it on the what I was inspired by list but oh well) Mother Nature's Son. The Beatles are amazing and their music is beautiful!! ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!!!

peace.frog.271 BRONZE, Pinehurst, North Carolina

"Let us remember as we chase our dreams into the stars that our first responsibility is to our Earth, to our children, to ourselves." -George W. Bush

This means to me that before we let ourselves fade, we must take care of ourselves and others.

I adore The Beatles! Talk about inspiring! I do have to say, the first beatles CD I ever got was 1, and after that I just FELL IN LOVE WITH THEM!!! Now, because I am a much bigger fan now than I was then at 8 years old, I almost feel kind of sad that none of the tracks (well, except for Elanor Rigby) made it on there from Revolver or from Rubber Soul.

on Mar. 13 2010 at 10:20 am
Dandelion PLATINUM, Franklin, Massachusetts
I got blistahs on my fingahs! I absolutely adore the Beatles -- every single one of their songs. People at school tell me they hate the Beatles. I ask them what kind of music they're into, and I can automatically find one Beatles song they're guaranteed to like.

PaulMcCarntey44 BRONZE, Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts

I get by with a little help from my friends- Ringo Starr, They gonna put me in the movies- Ringo Starr and Its been a hard days night- Ringo Starr

guys the fab fours BEST album is the beatles (white album) i have it allll on my ipod and its the only thing that plays like rite now im listin to helter skelter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but there early music was good to because its from when they all would end up in a hotel bath room just to be with each other and the later albums their difrences would break them apart and there music had a dif tone to it not the soft and tight melodies like the old days. but now i REALLY want that album ur talkin bout!!!!!

on Jan. 28 2010 at 11:34 am
peace_love_beauty PLATINUM, Florien, Louisiana

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

I absolutely LOVE the Beatles; it's what I was raised on. Woot woot for this article! :)

on Jan. 28 2010 at 4:05 am
xAllegria BRONZE, Singapore, Other

Ça fait tellement du bien d’aimer les gens qu’on aime, que ça finit par faire mal. Je sais pas comment on survit a ça. Non franchement, je sais pas. LOL (laughing out loud) ®, Lola.

I really like the way the album was organised too. It feels like you're following the Beatles through their career...

swvv said...
on Dec. 16 2009 at 10:22 am
no abbey road is better.

the beatles! said...
THANK U!!!! the beatles r my fav band ever! every time i tell someone that the beatles r my fav band they look at me really weird and then make a rude comment. they write such great music and i still dont believe how people can just hate them like that! :)

Avalynn BRONZE said...
on Nov. 23 2009 at 12:39 am
Avalynn BRONZE, Monrovia, California
Agreed, but the One Album is the white album...

the beatles are amazing!!!

Poet_in_Motion PLATINUM, Sharon, Massachusetts

"Love one another." –George Harrison (his last words)

"and down they forgot as up they grew" –e.e. cummings

"The sea is just a wetter version of the sky..." –Regina Spektor

I absolutely love the Beatles. They are beyond fabulous and the best band that ever graced the Earth. I like the One album, but most of their best albums ( Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper, The White Album, Revolver) weren't represented either at all or very well on the CD. Also, "Let it Be" and "The Long and Winding Road" are songs from their much later career.

Mazga said...
on Oct. 10 2009 at 11:54 am
Mazga, Constanta, Other
i love their music! (thanks dad). the last shaddow puppets reminds me of the beatles spirit

resilva BRONZE said...
resilva BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is their best album, (might be the best psychedelic-pop album ever) but I agree this album is also really good. The Beatles are the greatest band in the world, hands-down. I kind of picture them in like a London flat, wearing suits and sipping tea, and then John says, "I say, I rather fancy being a rock star, wot wot?" And the others say, "Rather! Pip-pip cheerio and all that, John, a capital idea!" And then they did because they're the Beatles and they're awesome like that. (That's what British guys actually talk like, in my mind).

on Jun. 22 2009 at 6:58 am
GreenDayFan SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

"Every story has an end, but in life, every ending is just a new beginning."
-Uptown Girls

they are a legend

on May. 27 2009 at 1:24 am
MeanMs,Mustard GOLD, Leesburg, Virginia
Totaly agree, but it's not all thei best songs! There were some great ones that weren't on there

eddie shifrin, Louisville, Kentucky
this is one of the best band in history people, dont forget it!!!!

sunnylola said...
on Feb. 20 2009 at 1:29 am
THE BEATLES ARE THE BEST BAND EVER.

PERIOD.

THEIR MUSIC WAS AMAZING FORTY YEARS AGO AND IT STILL IS TODAY AND ALWAYS WILL BE.

<3

XOXOXOOX

KatandBerd said...
So I flip on my radio and start listening... switch on the compute and come here.. Somehow, the first review I saw was this and the CD in the play was the one being reviewed. Coincidential? I think not. The review is amazing, this CD is amazing. My day is now made:D