The Beatles – This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“The Beatles One” is by far the best Beatles ­album ever compiled. It was released in 2000 and includes all of the band's biggest pop rock hits from the U.K. and the U.S. Most of the songs were ­released during the '60s, and all but two were on top-ten lists. The album includes number-one hits like “We Can Work it Out” and “Day Tripper.”

The Beatles had many styles. One of the reasons this album is so popular is that it shows the evolution of their musical skill. Most of the songs at the beginning are basic three-chord rock tunes, such as “I Want to Hold Your Hand,” but as the CD progresses, The Beatles' musical talent flourishes. The listener can hear their talent peak with “Hey Jude.” Many instruments and beats make this one of their most popular songs. 

There are many reasons I love this album. One is that every time I listen, I get lost in the poetic lyrics. Also, no matter how often I hear the songs, they never get old. The only downside is that this album doesn't contain songs from the band's later career.

From the time The Beatles formed in 1960 to today, they have been one of the most popular and influential bands of all time. They were not just singers, they were composers. Many groups that did not write their own music, like the Monkees, didn't remain together long. “The Beatles One” is a culmination of the band's best songs and it deserves two thumbs up.

PaulMcCarntey44 said...
Feb. 19, 2010 at 5:42 pm:
guys the fab fours BEST album is the beatles (white album) i have it allll on my ipod and its the only thing that plays like rite now im listin to helter skelter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but there early music was good to because its from when they all would end up in a hotel bath room just to be with each other and the later albums their difrences would break them apart and there music had a dif tone to it not the soft and tight melodies like the old days. but now i REALLY want that album ur talki... (more »)

KiraKira replied...
Mar. 13, 2010 at 4:24 pm :
I love their albums: Magical Mystery Tour, Rubber Soul, Revolver, and the White Album. The White album has so many classics. I just wrote like a one pager story inspired by Here comes the sun, blackbird, and (I didn't put it on the what I was inspired by list but oh well) Mother Nature's Son. The Beatles are amazing and their music is beautiful!! ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!!!

S-Chique00 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 12, 2010 at 2:31 pm :
Rubber Soul was the best album, in terms of themes and transition, in my opinion. I have the One album, it's absolutely brilliant (or gear, in the words of The Beatles!). You can buy it almost anywhere, and you can get it really cheap on the interweb, lol. I am also a major fan of The White Album, so happy listening!

KiraKira replied...
Apr. 20, 2010 at 10:23 pm :
Have you heard John Lennon's "Imagine"? It is absoloutley beautiful!!!!! :D

peace_love_beauty said...
Jan. 28, 2010 at 11:34 am:
I absolutely LOVE the Beatles; it's what I was raised on. Woot woot for this article! :)

Allegria-Starling said...
Jan. 28, 2010 at 4:05 am:
I really like the way the album was organised too. It feels like you're following the Beatles through their career...

swvv said...
Dec. 16, 2009 at 10:22 am:
no abbey road is better.

the beatles! said...
THANK U!!!! the beatles r my fav band ever! every time i tell someone that the beatles r my fav band they look at me really weird and then make a rude comment. they write such great music and i still dont believe how people can just hate them like that! :)

Poet_in_Motion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I absolutely love the Beatles. They are beyond fabulous and the best band that ever graced the Earth. I like the One album, but most of their best albums ( Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper, The White Album, Revolver) weren't represented either at all or very well on the CD. Also, "Let it Be" and "The Long and Winding Road" are songs from their much later career.

Madalina S. said...
Oct. 10, 2009 at 11:54 am:
i love their music! (thanks dad). the last shaddow puppets reminds me of the beatles spirit

resilva This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is their best album, (might be the best psychedelic-pop album ever) but I agree this album is also really good. The Beatles are the greatest band in the world, hands-down. I kind of picture them in like a London flat, wearing suits and sipping tea, and then John says, "I say, I rather fancy being a rock star, wot wot?" And the others say, "Rather! Pip-pip cheerio and all that, John, a capital idea!" And then they did because they're the Beatles and t... (more »)

Apr. 12, 2010 at 2:28 pm :
Well, they were from Liverpool, so I doubt that they sounded that distinguished and plummy (with no disrespect to Liverpudlians and their terrible accent). I'd imagine they'd be more like this; John: Hey lads, why don't we take over the world? Paul: That's a gear idea, John! George: Yeah, we'll save the whole world from boredom, right? Ringo: Well, I think that's a whole lotta rubbish. I've got blisters on mah fingers! (I know that last part didn't really make any sense, but I love that line!!)

amicrazyorisitjusteveryoneelse replied...
Oct. 19, 2010 at 9:16 pm :
Starr and Harrison weren't even the Beatles when they started (although Harrison is my favorite) The original lineup was John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Stuart Sutcliffe and Pete Best.  The later more popular lineup actually formed in '62.

Oct. 19, 2010 at 9:17 pm :
Sorry! Harrison actually was in the original group.  Sutcliffe left and Best died.  Starr replaced Best.

Valkyrie_123 said...
Jun. 22, 2009 at 6:58 am:
they are a legend

logan H. said...
May 27, 2009 at 1:24 am:
Totaly agree, but it's not all thei best songs! There were some great ones that weren't on there

eddie S. said...
May 15, 2009 at 4:07 pm:
this is one of the best band in history people, dont forget it!!!!

sunnylola said...
Feb. 20, 2009 at 1:29 am:
THE BEATLES ARE THE BEST BAND EVER.
PERIOD.
THEIR MUSIC WAS AMAZING FORTY YEARS AGO AND IT STILL IS TODAY AND ALWAYS WILL BE.
<3
XOXOXOOX

KatandBerd said...
Feb. 19, 2009 at 11:36 pm:
So I flip on my radio and start listening... switch on the compute and come here.. Somehow, the first review I saw was this and the CD in the play was the one being reviewed. Coincidential? I think not. The review is amazing, this CD is amazing. My day is now made:D

Rosie A. said...
Feb. 19, 2009 at 10:05 pm:
I love the Beatles! Their music is completely timeless and will forever be loved by generations to come. I have the 1 album and it's one of my favorite C.D's.

ricechowder said...
Feb. 18, 2009 at 12:32 am:
In my opinion, The Beatles are the most influential musical group in history. They are INSANELY AMAZING and i absolutely loveeee this album.