The Beatles – This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“The Beatles One” is by far the best Beatles ­album ever compiled. It was released in 2000 and includes all of the band's biggest pop rock hits from the U.K. and the U.S. Most of the songs were ­released during the '60s, and all but two were on top-ten lists. The album includes number-one hits like “We Can Work it Out” and “Day Tripper.”

The Beatles had many styles. One of the reasons this album is so popular is that it shows the evolution of their musical skill. Most of the songs at the beginning are basic three-chord rock tunes, such as “I Want to Hold Your Hand,” but as the CD progresses, The Beatles' musical talent flourishes. The listener can hear their talent peak with “Hey Jude.” Many instruments and beats make this one of their most popular songs. 

There are many reasons I love this album. One is that every time I listen, I get lost in the poetic lyrics. Also, no matter how often I hear the songs, they never get old. The only downside is that this album doesn't contain songs from the band's later career.

From the time The Beatles formed in 1960 to today, they have been one of the most popular and influential bands of all time. They were not just singers, they were composers. Many groups that did not write their own music, like the Monkees, didn't remain together long. “The Beatles One” is a culmination of the band's best songs and it deserves two thumbs up.

lunaticonthegrassThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 22, 2011 at 7:14 pm:
I disagree on the album listed. "Greatest Hits" albuums like "One" often leave out some of the bands best songs. Lost gems are nowhere to be found on this record, if you just want to scrape The Beatles surface, then this is the album for you. If you want to truly get lost in the music then listen to their actual albums.

Flibinjiber replied...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 9:23 am :
The Beatles are the bomb! Has anyone else had a "Strawberry Fields" moment?

BeatleMania16 replied...
Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:12 pm :
i totally agree with you lunaticonthegrass....and flinbinjiber, i went to strawberry fields/the dakota in nyc just a few weeks ago. its an amazing spot, i recommend you go there...though emotional...

SkyDeerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Gotta love the Beatles!

MeganElizabeth said...
Nov. 24, 2010 at 9:45 am:
Wow, great article!

HippieNamedAnna said...
The Beatles is seriously my favorite band ever, and I'm only 14. I'm not even kidding. You can't spend a day with me without hearing me talk about them. I mean really. They changed music forever, and no band even begins to compare to them. 

O_Riet replied...
Jul. 3, 2011 at 2:25 pm :
Ditto! I like a lot of different types of music: enya, Kate Bush, Owl City. . . Wide variety. But the Beatles have been in my top favorites since before I can remember. In fact, one of my earliest memories is dancing to "Lucy in the Sky with Dimonds". The Beatles are awesome, and nothing compares.

DaydreamBeliever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
100% agreed.

f_stphn said...
The Beatle are best band/artists that ever and will ever exist, they were never together long enough to get boring but I don't exactly believe that there's a cd of the Beatles the tops another they are all beyond imaginable

msoccerm345 said...
i absolutly luuuuuuuv The Beatles. They are my life. I have every single Beatles song on my ipod. my dad has every single album and CD we have a bookcase full of books about them and i have like 10 posters!!!1

inspired said...
Sept. 27, 2010 at 9:07 am:
They are my favorite band!

catewelton said...
Aug. 14, 2010 at 3:04 am:
Nothing is better then listeing to the beatles on a rainy day. I love the beatles always and forever.

i_am_nobody said...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 10:19 pm:
you gotta love the beatles!

AshLynn said...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 11:33 am:
I'm digging it man. john lennon is my idol, and it's a great piece you wrote. 4 out of the 5 tattoo's i have are inspired by the beatles.

iCamilla said...
Jun. 9, 2010 at 5:59 pm:
The Beatles are amazing. I think that they could have stayed together longer, and then theee would have been morrmusic Anyways, if you ask most muscians who inspired them the most, they may say, "The Beatles."

songofheaven said...
I really enjoy listening to the Beatles, as well as George Harrison and John Lennon, when they attempted their solo careers. Good review! Very informative.

rots28This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 20, 2010 at 9:47 am:

Actually, "Hey Jude" was released in 1968 as both a single A-side and as a track on "Let It Be". Also, several songs from their later career are featured on the 1 album, including The Ballad of John and Yoko, Come Together, Something, and The Long and Winding Road, all of which were released in their last two years.

Overall, however, I thought you gave a good review and I very much appreciated how you commented on the transitions from style to style that the Beatles... (more »)

S-Chique00This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The best band that ever lived, by miles! I have this album myself, and was also quite disheartened to note the lack of songs from Rubber Soul, Sgt. Pepper's, and The White Album. However, the compilation only includes tracks which were No.1 hits, so the absence of these albums is unfortunate, but understandable. An absolutely epic collection of catchy pop tunes, roaring rock melodies and beautiful, blasting ballads. Stunning! Extremely well written review, by the way.

peace.frog.271 said...
Mar. 13, 2010 at 1:05 pm:
I adore The Beatles! Talk about inspiring! I do have to say, the first beatles CD I ever got was 1, and after that I just FELL IN LOVE WITH THEM!!! Now, because I am a much bigger fan now than I was then at 8 years old, I almost feel kind of sad that none of the tracks (well, except for Elanor Rigby) made it on there from Revolver or from Rubber Soul.

PaulMcCarntey44 said...
Feb. 19, 2010 at 5:42 pm:
guys the fab fours BEST album is the beatles (white album) i have it allll on my ipod and its the only thing that plays like rite now im listin to helter skelter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but there early music was good to because its from when they all would end up in a hotel bath room just to be with each other and the later albums their difrences would break them apart and there music had a dif tone to it not the soft and tight melodies like the old days. but now i REALLY want that album ur talki... (more »)

Dandelion replied...
Mar. 13, 2010 at 10:20 am :
I got blistahs on my fingahs! I absolutely adore the Beatles -- every single one of their songs. People at school tell me they hate the Beatles. I ask them what kind of music they're into, and I can automatically find one Beatles song they're guaranteed to like.