Further Festival This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When Bob Weir was only 16, he got on a red bus called Further, and from that point he was involved with music. When he decided to organize a concert he decided to call it the Further Festival because that bus ride was memorable for him.

Last summer I had the chance to go to this festival. It was a very good experience. I saw Bob Weir and Mickey Hart play (something I didn't think would happen after Jerry Garcia's death). I also saw Los Lobos, Electric Hot Tuna, John Wesley Harding and many others.

I arrived at Sandstone at 1:00 along with many other deadheads. The parking lot was full of venders selling everything from t-shirts to the unforgettable veggie burrito. Everyone there treated you with respect. There wasn't one moment I felt out of place. It was a great place to forget problems, sit back and relax.

At 4:00 the music started. The "go with the flow" attitude was expressed in every song. Many Grateful Dead songs were played including "Bertha" by Los Lobos, "Jack-A-Roe" by John Wesley Harding and many others.

This summer the Further Festival came around again, traveling all over the United States. I hope many of you

were there

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 10 at 11:07 pm
i love this so much!