The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Let's Face It This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I recently bought the CD, "Let's Face It," the latest from the group the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. If you listen to modern or alternative rock stations, you have probably heard the two hit singles "The Impression That I Get" and "The Rascal King." These are a great preview to an excellent album.

The Bosstones have a ska type sound that really makes you want to dance. The trombone and saxophone parts give a swing/big band/jazzy edge to the interestingly realistic lyrics. My personal favorites are "Noise Brigade," "The Rascal King," "Royal Oil," and "Another Drinking Song."

I've heard from long-time Bosstone fans that this is not the band's best album. I don't know if this is true, but if this isn't their best album, then the others must be fantastic. The only drawback is that this album is only 33 minutes long. At the end I always find myself wanting more. That's a good thing, I guess, because now I can't wait for their next album.

If you like ska, or are just looking for a new sound, I definitely suggest buying this album. My friend convinced me to buy it, and I hope I've done the same for you

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

GraemeV said...
Sept. 30, 2010 at 1:05 am:

Glad you liked it!

I love anything from The Mighty Mighty Bosstones! The world needs to listen to a lot more ska style tunes! They are great!

If you want something a bit' heavier - check out bands like Rancid or The Suicide Machines (They arn't as depressing as they sound, if you havn't already heard them)