R U Still Down [Remember Me] | Teen Ink

R U Still Down [Remember Me] MAG

First off, to like this CD, you have to like rap music. This is not a typical 2Pac album, but rather is a collaborative double CD of the late 2Pac Shakur. It contains previously unreleased music and some of the songs he was working on at the time of his death. You might be wondering who made this CD if 2Pac is no longer alive. Well, his mother, with the help of We Got Kidz ProductionsD, gathered these songs, and put this CD together.

It has many new types of background music and rapping styles that add to its uniqueness, including the use of guitar music and an almost robotic deep voice (probably synthesized in a studio). The songs with these changes seemed more entertaining, but nothing tops true 2Pac-style rapping. The songs I really liked were "Hellrazor," "I Wonder If Heaven Got A Ghetto," "Nothing To Lose," "When I Get Free," "Enemies With Me" and "16 On Death Row." Overall this is probably one of the best CDs I own. It is the first double CD that has songs I like songs on both discs.

I feel these songs are very unique. To my friends who say all rap songs are the same, think again. Each song has a different message and mood. Unlike his last CD, this one isn't all about bashing East Coast rappers. It has well thought-out messages concerning poverty, violence, and money. I am not saying these are all positive messages. The reason for some of the negative messages is that this is how real life is for some people. I don't think there is one song on either CD that I can honestly say I don't like.

You must remember when buying this CD that it contains Parental Advisory due to "explicit lyrics." This CD, as superior as it is, does deserve this label. Several of the titles are too hot for this report. This CD runs for about $18, but is well worth it. Obviously, you can see that I like this CD. I feel 2Pac is one of the greatest rappers of all time. I recommend this CD to anyone who enjoys rap. This is the ultimate rap CD, it is a must-have for your collection. .

i love this so much!