Aerosmith | Teen Ink

Aerosmith MAG

The Rochester War Memorial was the place to be on Sunday, January 11, 1998 at 7: 30 p.m. Aerosmith was performing with the opener Kenny Wayne Shepherd, who was an incredible guitarist that night. He put on solos like you couldn't imagine. Even though his blues type of playing wasn't my cup of tea, I have to say he was fun to watch. Compared to any concert I have attended, I have never seen such superior guitar playing.

Now we come to the main attraction. Aerosmith is one of the best classic band that is still going at it. My father grew up listening to Aerosmith's music and has passed on this music to me. Lead singer, Steve Tyler, and lead guitarist, Joe Perry, both took the show away. Performances by Joey Kramer, on the drums, Tom Hamilton on the bass, and Brad Whitford, on the rhythm guitar were also outstanding. The lights and props gave an all-out euphoric effect which either sent people crowd surfing, or dancing. Steve Tyler pumped up the crowd so easily and everyone seemed to have a smile on their faces.

It was different because I am used to concerts where people jump around into each other. Even though I respect Aerosmith for its great sounding music and classic songs, I was afraid this concert wasn't going to be wild enough. I don't think I have ever been so wrong. That War Memorial was pumping with tons of life, and I would see them again any day. .