Allman Brothers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

In March, I saw the Allman Brothers Band give a sold-out thirtiethanniversary performance. The band began in 1969 when a group ofmusicians gathered in Jacksonville, Florida to jam and are stillgoing strong. Through the 30 years they have lost two of theirfounding members. Despite these early losses, the Allman Brothershave been wildly successful. They've won a Grammy, been inducted intothe Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, gone gold with the album, "WhereIt All" and are considered by many to be one the greatest rockbands ever.

I was stunned and amazed by the talent of thegroup. I knew they were good, but I had no idea they gave such agreat performance. There was a drum solo that was unbelievable whenfour drummers soloed for at least 15 minutes. I have never seen (andprobably never will see) anything like it. The guitar solo in"Blue Sky" was another highlight. I'm aware most readersprobably have never heard of this band, but if you're a fan of greatrock music, you should check them out.