Bob Dylan | Teen Ink

Bob Dylan MAG

By Anonymous

   "All along the watch tower, come and drinkmy wine," sang the still-raspy voice of legend Bob Dylan.A poet and songwriter who helped revive the dying art of folkmusic in the '60s, Dylan toured this summer with fellow legendPaul Simon.

Dylan had little equipment on stage; a fewamps, some microphone stands and a handful of guitar stands.There was no fancy light show like a typical Rolling Stonesconcert - this concert was more about the music. There werepeople there from all groups and walks of life.

Dylantotally blew me away. Most of the audience were babyboomerswho had already seen Dylan live and knew what to expect. To mydisappointment, he did not play his harmonica, but he did playacoustic guitar on five songs. Everything he played was greateven though he still has not gotten his voice crystal-clear.The audience was up and dancing in the pit and in their seats,many remembering the idealistic and carefree times of theiryouth. I think everyone there would agree it was an amazing,unforgettable performance.

It was inspiring to see amusical legend right in front of my own eyes - well,binoculars. I was seeing a poet and musician from my parent'sgeneration with people my parent's age dancing andcelebrating. The concert bridged the generation gap and Ithought it was great.