The Glen Miller Orchestra This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Hey! I dare you to do something very brave. Go to the backcorner of your local record store, overlook the new stuff andgo back in time about 50 years. There, in the jazz section youwill find CDs by a man named Glenn Miller, a famousbandleader/trombone player. He started a big band frenzy, andhis records were very popular between 1938 and 1944 with songsthat live on today including "In The Mood,""Moonlight Serenade,'' "String of Pearls" and"Tuxedo Junction."

If you have any interestin the new big bands like The Brian Setzer Orchestra, or BigBad Voodoo Daddy, are in a jazz band at your school, or arejust interested in learning about cool music, I highlyrecommend any Glenn Miller Orchestra album. You will findyourself swinging and tapping and singing along to theinfectious melodies and solos. The Glenn Miller Orchestra justmakes you happy.

In 1938, "The MoonlightSerenade'' was new. The use of harmonies and syncopation thatdefines jazz were amazing to people. Artists making that kindof sound now are unheard of. So, if you want to hear someincredible music that will even get your grandmom hoppin',check out the Glenn Miller Orchestra.

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 10 at 9:53 pm
i love this so much!