Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted ... | Teen Ink

Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted ... MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

   Breaking straightout of New York is a surprisingly good band, Glassjaw. Their debut CD,"Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence," combineshardcore, emo and alternative music, and they pull it off quite nicely.The songs can go from bash-your-head screaming to soft, melodic vocalswithin 30 seconds.

The song most likely to become the firstsingle, "Siberian Kiss," starts off sounding almost like EarthCrisis or Strife, but quickly changes to something closer to a softerDeftones song. Incidentally, the Deftones, are touring with Glassjawthis summer - pretty impressive considering that Glassjaw released theirfirst album less than two months before the tour.

With so manyunoriginal bands out there, it's great to see a band like Glassjawappear on the scene. The lead singer for this amazing quintet, DarylPalumbo, has a very different voice that many might not like at first,but after a while it becomes a sound you crave. The band also has twoguitarists, which sometimes hinders a band, but in Glassjaw's casereally adds.

Finding a close comparison to this band is tough, soyou'll just have to check them out for yourself. It's kind of likemixing the Deftones with Taproot and Vision of Disorder. Glassjaw'smusic is a Venus flytrap; it lures and catches you. Once you are caught,you'll never get out.