Dixie Chicks - Fly | Teen Ink

Dixie Chicks - Fly MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Are you one of those who despises country music? Well, atone time I was, too. It used to be just rap and alternative music blaring throughmy stereo speakers, but that was before one of my friends introduced me to theDixie Chicks and their sophomore CD, "Fly."

This is not justany old album. You don't buy it because there are a couple songs on it you like;much to my surprise, there are only one or two songs I don't like. There areupbeat songs like "Some Days You Gotta Dance," funny songs like"Goodbye Earl" and slow, sweet songs such as, "HeartbreakTown" and "Cowboy Take Me Away" (my favorite).

Anotherthing that sets this album apart is most of the songs have something to do withthe lives of the women in the band. "Let Him Fly" refers to the need tobe on one's own, "Cowboy Take Me Away" is about finally finding truelove and the album is titled "Fly" because of the Dixie Chicks' careertaking off.

So whether you like slow, sweet songs to relax to or fast,upbeat songs to dance to, this CD is for you. Don't be scared off because thisalbum is in the country music section of the store, it is much, much more.