Korn | Teen Ink

Korn MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Picture nearly 15,000 people, ranging from 10 to 60 yearsold, flocking together. Imagine looking down at a sea of fans crammed on thefloor and in the stands, moving as one giant mass to the intense beat of music.Try to visualize an impressive stage set, complete with massive video screens,awesome lights, fire spouts and gothic details. Now all you need is to hear themusic ...

Korn, with special guest Staind, rocked in front of two sold-outcrowds. Their unique, emotional lyrics and expressive instrumentation captivatedlisteners and charged the hour-and-a-half-long set.

Mindless SelfIndulgence opened, followed by Staind. Staind's debut CD,"Dysfunction," is marked with many great songs, such as the emotional"Mudshovel." They did their album justice with a live performance thatdelivered an excess of power and energy.

Once Staind left to a roar ofapplause, the Sick and Twisted Animation show began and entertained viewersanticipating Korn's appearance. Finally, the lights dimmed and all eyes turned tothe stage as the familiar intro of "Falling Away From Me" was heard.The applause and screams were deafening.

Korn played all their hits,including "Make Me Bad," "Freak on a Leash,""A.D.I.D.A.S." and "Blind." After a short break when Staindplayed one of Korn's songs, lead singer Jonathan Davis reappeared in a kilt toplay bagpipes while being raised on a column.

Overall, it was a greatshow, with incredible special effects and, of course, intense music.

i love this so much!