Faith Hill - Breathe | Teen Ink

Faith Hill - Breathe MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Speaking from a hip-hop and rap fan point of view,country music never hit my sweet tooth until I listened to Faith Hill's fourthand latest album, "Breathe." With just the right amount of countryflair and catchy beats, Hill proves she is a successful artist.

"Breathe" has excellent variety, from romantic love songs("Breathe," "Let's Make Love," "If I'm Not inLove") to carefree tunes ("What's In It For Me?" "The Way YouLove Me," "Bringing Out the Elvis"). All the songs were producedby Hill. Each has individual appeal, which makes the CD fun to listen to over andover. Hill's tasteful songs are understandable and listeners can easily relate tothem.

A wide variety of sounds are present, straying from the traditionalcountry twang. You will hear soothing piano and string variations in "If I'mNot in Love" and a riffing guitar in "Bringing Out the Elvis."Hill's voice is like a breath of fresh air after an era of whining, screamingMariah Careys and Whitney Houstons.

Faith Hill's "Breathe" hasopened the door to country music for me. "Breathe" received manynominations for the Country Music Awards, and though it hasn't been recognizedwith a great number of awards, I still give Faith Hill a standing ovation.