Less Than Jake This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I put "Borders and Boundaries" in my CDplayer for the first time, I had no idea that it would forever change my musiclife. Heart racing, I pressed the play button. What to expect from this ska/punkband from Gainesville, Florida? What I heard blew me away. This music representsa more mature Less Than Jake, vocally, lyrically and musically.

DrummerVinnie's lyrics hit the mark again, running the musical gamut from silly anthemsto heartfelt ballads. "Is This Thing On" is a serious ballad with aninfectious punk edge. "Pete Jackson is Getting Married" is a funny,lighthearted song about Less Than Jake's trombone player.

"Bordersand Boundaries" was released on NOFX-owned Fat Wreck Chords. The bandswitched from Capitol, and hasn't sold out or changed its style. Even for adie-hard LTJ fan, it's hard to keep track of their releases - they have 76 (over130, including compilations). They recently finished an overseas tour and startedtouring the U.S. with Zebrahead, New Found Glory, The Suicide Machines and TheAtaris.

If you don't have "Borders and Boundaries" already, Irecommend you get your shoes on and run as fast as you can to a record store. Thesongs are better than any other LTJ works. Forget anything you've ever heard,this is a brand spanking new and improved Less Than Jake. Each song on this CD isguaranteed to make you want to stop everything you're doing, get up and sing atthe top of your lungs.