Lyricist Lounge, Volume 2 | Teen Ink

Lyricist Lounge, Volume 2 MAG

"Lyricist Lounge, Volume 2," though almost ayear old, is still one of the best-selling rap albums out there. Forget the name,this album has many hardcore rappers including Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch, Q-Tip,Talib Kweli, Notorious B.I.G., and Big L. These rappers aren't recognized inmainstream mu-sic as they should be; people don't respect their music becauseit's urban.

This album sends a positive message to those from more urbanareas. These tracks don't brag about big-screen TVs or how badly men treat women.It doesn't talk about drugs or killing people, it simply stays on the subject ofwhat happens on the streets.

This album is fantastic, and the rapperskeep it real. A favorite track is "Oh No" by Mos Def, Nate Dogg andPharoahe Monch. The artists bring it to the top, and hold it down. I've liked itsince I first heard it.

Of a possible five stars, I give "LyricistLounge, Volume 2" all five. The album is a total package: great lyrics, thebest emcees and a positive message. The music makes you want to get up and dance,so I urge you to get it.

i love this so much!