Ball in the House - The Way It Has To Be | Teen Ink

Ball in the House - The Way It Has To Be MAG

Ballin the House is an a cappella group from Boston. The six members sing at manylive performances, mostly in the New England area, and especially (of course)their home state of Massachusetts.

"The Way It Has To Be" is aphenomenal compilation of musical talent. The group uses only their voices tocreate their songs, all of which they arrange. They write songs, but also coverfamous songs, such as "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers. TheCD is a clever combination of soul, R&B, rap and pop.

The music ofBall in the House has revolutionized the meaning of a cappella. Four of themembers, Stephen McNulty, Scott Harris, Jason Downie and Dave Guisti, harmonize;the band makes their sound different by adding synthesized bass by Michael Benardand vocal percussion with the help of Jon Ryan. You'd swear there wereinstruments hidden somewhere, but it's just the guys and theirmicrophones.

"The Way It Has To Be," totally recreates music. Ithas songs to dance to, to relax to, and snuggle-with-someone-you-love to. Therhythms of their 14 songs will fit any mood.

Ball in the House's twoother CDs, "From the Bin" and "Ball in the House," are alsogreat, but you can hear how they have progressed when you listen to the three ina row.

For those of you who watched "The Brady Bunch," theband's name originates from the episode where Peter breaks his mother's vase whenhe was playing ball in the house (clever, huh?). The band, which may have notbroken any family heirlooms, has broken the mold in music. Enjoy!