Garth Brooks This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A great country singer/musician recently retired. His name is Garth Brooks. He had a long careerin the music industry, starting with his debut album in 1989, and released 14albums (including a boxed set and a greatest hits collection). His songs reallyget into the better part of your being, whatever they're about. They always havea way of relating to some part of your life.

In 1998 Brooks released adouble CD, "Double Live." This is a set of almost every song he everdid. All the songs are well-known among fans, but the collection also has twosongs that have extra verses you would only hear if you went to aconcert.

The (supposedly) last CD Brooks released was 2001's"Scarecrow." This is a great album that will let you hear and rememberwhat makes Garth Brooks and his music so unforgettable.

Garth Brooks'effort shows genuinely through the years. He really makes it seem that he enjoyswhat he does, and he is good at it.