System of a Down - Toxicity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Systemof a Down is a revolutionary rock band founded about three years ago and consistsof Serj Tankian, vocals and keyboard; Daron Malakian on guitar and backup vocals;Shavo Odadjian on bass and backup vocals; and John Dolmayan, who plays the drums.

System is against any form of oppression and aggression carried out inthe name of religion, democracy, security or corporate interests by any nation,including ours. They are against the government probing our bodies, minds andlives for any of those reasons, as well as a host of others. System's influencesrange from death, hardcore, punk, rap, hip-hop, Goth, and metal to funk, rock,electronic, classic rock, alternative, Native American, European, Armenian, andMiddle Eastern music - and those are just the ones Serj canremember.

System of a Down has exploded since their single "ChopSuey" came out. I have been following them ever since their original single"Sugar" was released and have seen them grow. Their realistic urbanlyrics touch the fragility of our society and many songs can be related back towhat the generation now is going through - a lot of pent-up aggression that needsto exorcised out. Overall, System of a Down is a great band that has thepotential to last.

SystemofaDown96 said...
i understand they all have their own solo projects. Daron and John with Scars on Broadway and Serj with his solo career. Shavo is probably hanging out somewhere awesome. but the world needs their music again

S.O.A.D.freak said...
Feb. 25, 2009 at 1:43 am
i lurve this band and album why is this their only review