Janis Joplin - 18 Essential Songs This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

This album contains some of the greatest, most well-knownsongs of Janis Joplin. Listening to her, you can't help but be affected by thebursts of raw emotion. They penetrate right to the soul! This album features over70 minutes of some of the most stirring music you'll hear by one of the coolesthippie chicks of the 1960s.

Janis Joplin's music is deeply rooted in theblues; she was quite ahead of her time. Her music is interesting because she putsher whole heart into it. She was a very spirited individual. All this passionjust flew from her as she sang songs like her 1971 hit "Me and BobbyMcGee," where she also plays acoustic guitar.

As you listen toJoplin's music you experience all the heartfelt emotions - from joy to sorrow.She had an extraordinary voice with incredible quality. She also had a very richperception of all around her, and blessed the world with her music.