Depeche Mode - Exciter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

This veteran British techno group has a real winner with "Dream On," thefirst single from their first album in four years. "Exciter," releasedthis summer, is amazing!

Depeche Mode's old albums featured less ambientsounds, but this one is the best I've heard from them in a long time. While itmight not break new ground, "Exciter" does offer a handful of stand-outtracks. "Dream On" is Depeche Mode doing what it does best - turningdeath, addiction and other such happy subjects into danceable music. "WhenThe Body Speaks" is a tender love song that brings to mind U2's "Withor Without You," and "The Dead of Night" is a dance hit.

Ifyou are having a bad day, this CD makes things better. I only wish I'd gotten itsooner. Besides the CD, there is also a DVD that includes the whole album plus afew extra songs.

If someone asked me what my favorite Depeche Mode albumwas, I would say "Exciter" in a heartbeat.