Lynyrd Skynyrd This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

In October, I went to a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert with a friend and her parents. Beinga hip-hop fan, I was not surprised to not know many of the songs. I do enjoyLynard Skynyrd, but most of what I know is because of my brother, who makes melisten to them whenever I'm in his car.

I was disappointed that they didnot play "Curtis Lowe" and "Tuesday's Gone." I figured if Iknew them, everybody did.

Most of what they sang was fast. In fact, one ofthe only two slow songs, "Free Bird," came at the end. The other wasdedicated to a band member who died. The fast pace of the concert kept theaudience alive and made it easy to forget that the majority was over 40 yearsold.

The highlight was, of course, the song they are most famous for,"Sweet Home Alabama." It started with the "Star SpangledBanner" and went into that old familiar riff. The whole time a giant rebelflag waved in the background. The concert itself was less than two hours. Myfriend's dad joked that the band was getting older and needed to get tobed.

But Lynyrd Skynyrd is a band that can still rock after 30 years. Theycan be enjoyed by people of all ages and tastes. Just make sure if you're a teengirl and go to a concert that you don't get groped by too many drunk rednecks.