Dixie Chicks - Home This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I don't know why, but since the newDixie Chicks CD "Home" has been on my stereo, I have been bluegrasscrazy! Listening to just one song on "Home" will entice you to go outand buy it! Fantastic, amazing, remarkable and marvelous are just a few words todescribe this music.

The lyrics are literally poems sung by lead singerNatalie Maines, and the emotion that fills these songs can be compared to readinga book of poetry. There are songs that exhibit opinions and feelings toward war,love and the choices we make. Martie Robison and Emily Maguire sing back-up whilealso playing bluegrass instrumentals that have made me fall in love with thisCD.

This is not the typical country album, but then again, nothing theChicks do is typical. Every song here displays their bluegrass roots, and unliketheir first two CDs, they are not afraid to let loose and go wild with violin andbanjo solos. I loved the first two, but this collection of 12 songs is by far thebest yet.

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 10 at 8:22 pm
i love this so much!