The Fountain by Clint Mansell | Teen Ink

The Fountain by Clint Mansell

To say this soundtrack is a work of art simply does not do it justice. Clint Mansell, also famous for his work in "Requiem for a Dream", truly excels in this soundtrack. The movie, focusing on a man reincarnated through several lifetimes, is symbolically rich and complex beyond what most people can comprehend (myself included). The master of music, however, uses a very simple rhythm to create a fitting score. From mellow to heart-wrenching to downright hardcore, the melody shows itself repeatedly throughout the score. The piece's finale, 'Death is the Road to Awe' shines through on a level all its own, with amazing vocals and the greatest feel you can imagine. The soundtrack includes such saddening songs such as 'Together We Will Live Forever' and 'Stay With Me' while cranking the bass and giving you goosebumps in such masterpieces as 'Tree of Life' and 'Finish It'. If you have seen the movie, please listen to the soundtrack. If you haven't listen to it anyway. If you hate music or have no soul, listen to it anyway. You will not regret it. For Death truly is the Road to Amazement. My deepest respects, Mr. Mansell and may you live long to prosper.

The link is here. Please take a mere hour to immerse yourself in this godly score:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHarNsT1vLw