Flogging Molly - Swagger This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A blend of Irish folk music andpresent-day punk, Flogging Molly may have been a bit too adventurous with some ofthe writing on its latest album,"Swagger."

Many enjoy the"Grace of God," a sad solo by the lead singer. Another great one is"Devil's Dance Floor," an adrenalin-pumping song that makes listenerswant to jump and dance. Songs like these, which stick to some kind of expectationfor the band, are great. But then there's one that appears to be a German polkaand another that sounds country, and they are horrible.

For listeners whohave never heard Flogging Molly, this CD is a great one to try. It has the band'stypical blend of unheard-of instruments in the punk community, such as themandolin, tin whistle and double bass, as well as the typical quick beats of punkbands.

Flogging Molly is in no way a typical punk band; it's made upprimarily of over-the-hill musicians. The disk is full of strange melodies andfun, quick rhythms. It may confuse you at first, but if you continues to listen,the CD will find a permanent home in your player.