Jason Mraz - Waiting for My Rocket to Come This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Consider Jason Mraz's firstfull-length CD, "Waiting for My Rocket to Come," a coming-of-agecompilation. Sure, this energetic musician is only 25, but he has a whole lot ofstories to bring to life in his songs. The general feel of this CD is reminiscentof John Mayer, Dave Matthews and even Fiona Apple, although Mraz does manage tocreate an individual style. Unearthly lyrics, soothing vocals and impressiveguitar playing prove that he is not a studio cookie-cutter puppet for his labelbut a mature, confident and talented artist.

Jason's powerful,self-assured, yet mysterious voice fills the hollow ache of romantics' hearts andis simply uplifting.

Filling "You and I Both" with pureemotion, Jason's voice will send chills down your spine. Another exceptional songis "Curbside Prophet." While it may be the most pop-oriented (with thecatchy phrase "I'm just a curbside prophet with my hand in my pocket and I'mwaiting for my rocket to come"), and impossible to get out of your head, itwill attract fans of all genres. A perfect blend of Southern spirit, SoCalrelaxation and East Coast coffeehouse blues, all will relish this melody.

On the final track, "Tonight, Not Again," Mraz combines harshimages of "cobblestone joints and plate glass points" with peaceful"childhood remnants of a dusty weeping willow" to produce a bittersweetjourney through adolescent puppy love and adult passion.

Jason Mraz'ssoulful and enchanting songs are ideal to savor while sipping coffee andrelaxing. He successfully embraced his talent to create an exquisite record. Ashe says, "if you're looking for a boy with a voice," he's for you.Consider Jason Mraz's first full-length CD, "Waiting for My Rocket toCome," a coming-of-age compilation. Sure, this energetic musician is only25, but he has a whole lot of stories to bring to life in his songs. The generalfeel of this CD is reminiscent of John Mayer, Dave Matthews and even Fiona Apple,although Mraz does manage to create an individual style. Unearthly lyrics,soothing vocals and impressive guitar playing prove that he is not a studiocookie-cutter puppet for his label but a mature, confident and talentedartist.

Jason's powerful, self-assured, yet mysterious voice fills thehollow ache of romantics' hearts and is simply uplifting.

Filling"You and I Both" with pure emotion, Jason's voice will send chills downyour spine. Another exceptional song is "Curbside Prophet." While itmay be the most pop-oriented (with the catchy phrase "I'm just a curbsideprophet with my hand in my pocket and I'm waiting for my rocket to come"),and impossible to get out of your head, it will attract fans of all genres. Aperfect blend of Southern spirit, SoCal relaxation and East Coast coffeehouseblues, all will relish this melody.

On the final track, "Tonight,Not Again," Mraz combines harsh images of "cobblestone joints and plateglass points" with peaceful "childhood remnants of a dusty weepingwillow" to produce a bittersweet journey through adolescent puppy love andadult passion.

Jason Mraz's soulful and enchanting songs are ideal tosavor while sipping coffee and relaxing. He successfully embraced his talent tocreate an exquisite record. As he says, "if you're looking for a boy with avoice," he's for you.

belllesugarcreek said...
Oct. 14, 2014 at 11:43 am
I adore Jason Mraz. His voice is heavenly.  Thx for writing a great reveiw!

allie.vgr1994 said...

dude i loooovvvvveeee JASON MRAZ!!!!!! have you heard "we sing, we dance, we steal things"? it's amazing!! My boyfriend and my song is on that track...it's called "I'm Yours"!!! that is my second favorite song ever!!!!!!!!!!! You are right about how jason's voice literally sends chills down people's spines!!!!!!!!!! dude it's just like wow!!!!!!

Well got to go to my next class bye! ♥