Come Away With Me | Teen Ink

Come Away With Me MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

In recent months, singer and pianist Norah Jones has been receiving an awful lot of attention. Following her incredible sweep at the Grammys, her popularity exploded as many folks decided to check out her music and then got sucked in - people like me. Prior to that big night, I had only heard her hit single, "Don't Know Why." I liked it, but after her evening at the Grammys, I decided to look into her music more.

Within two days I knew I was going to buy "Come Away With Me," which is one of the more unique albums on the market today. It blends jazz, folk, country and a slight amount of pop.

The album kicks off with "Don't Know Why," one of the jazzier songs, and ends with the quiet "The Nearness of You," where the only accompaniment is Jones' piano. In-between, highlights include "Cold, Cold Heart" (a remake of the Hank Williams classic), "Come Away With Me," the title track for good reason, "Shoot the Moon," a solemn ode to a lost love, and, well, actually, all the songs are highlights!

For listeners with an ear for softer, more sultry sounds, this album is for you. Buy it - I guarantee you won't be disappointed! .