The Used | Teen Ink

The Used MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

An extremely talented band from Utah, TheUsed has struggled but finally had its big break from Reprise Records. The Used'sself-titled debut album is deep and full of meaning, including songs of pain andglory with beautiful guitar parts.

The Used puts a lot of feeling into thesongs. One of my favorites, "Poetic Tragedy," is deep, and I suspectthat it is about singer Bert McCracken and his journey to become someone. Thelyrics, "In violent frustration he calls out to God or just no one,"show McCracken's anger and loneliness. Another good song is "On MyOwn," an acoustic performance full of heartbreak and pain.

The Usedhas released two singles, "The Taste of Ink," which is the story of theband, and "A Box Full of Sharp Objects."

All the songs on thealbum are remarkable, and the listener can really feel the band in every word. Ifyou don't already have this great CD, dig into your wallet and buy it now.

on Jul. 13 2010 at 2:26 am
JamieStarr GOLD, Sevierville, Tennessee

o! thats why i love you. :) i love you.

i love the band the used and i am just now starting to listen to them lol. i like the song "smother me" :)