Godsmack | Teen Ink

Godsmack MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

This summer, seven friends and I headed to Sioux Falls to listen to a great band, Godsmack. The first band to hit the stage was Breaking Benjamin. I had never heard them, but they put on a pretty good show. They had some problems with their audio system because you couldn't hear the vocals as well as you should have.

Soon after, the second band, (Hed) P.E., was jamming out. They seemed to be a crowd favorite and played some pretty heavy music.

Then for the main show - Godsmack. I had never heard so many people screaming all at once. As the lights went down and they started the intro for "Straight Out Of," the crowd went nuts and the mosh pits grew larger.

As the concert went on, our little group split up. Everyone was drenched in sweat, and the arena stunk. The band played most of their songs from their self-titled album and a few from their new CD, "Faceless."

When they played "I Stand Alone" and "Go Away," the crowd went absolutely crazy. I think these were probably the two best songs they played. Toward the end, Sully (the singer) disappeared and all of a sudden another trap set rose up from underneath the stage like heat from a blazing bonfire. Watching the two drummers go at it was just the greatest. I had a great time and would definitely go see them again.

i love this so much!