Beyonce Knowles - Dangerously in Love This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

If you're tired of the bootylicious babble that Destiny's Child has inspired, you may want to try the new solo effort from multi-platinum recording artist Beyonce Knowles. "Dangerously in Love" blends influences from hip-hop to rock and jazz. It's also divided between seductive tempos ("Be With You"), lush ballads ("Dangerously in Love," "Signs" and "Say Yes") and fiery club bangers ("How I Like It," and "Baby Boy").

Knowles, who co-wrote and co-produced much of the album, is also accompanied by many artists including Missy Elliot, Sean Paul, Luther Vandross, Big Boi (OutKast), and boyfriend Jay-Z. With this album, Knowles also has released a deeply passionate, sexually aggressive and more mature vibe.

The first single, "Crazy in Love," features Jay-Z. Co-produced with Rich Harrison, it was the song of the summer. This is no schoolgirl's fantasy of blossoming love - "Dangerously in Love" is clearly Knowles' way of staking her claim in the world and in the process redefines the expectations of who she is.

Beyonce Knowles is surely a triple threat, who's added songwriter and producer to her resumé. I can't wait to see what else this entertainer has up her sleeve!

dayday13 said...
Oct. 10 at 2:50 pm
very well done you have a thumbs upfrom me........

Lizzy Cerone said...
Beyonce is a great singer and I may not have met her...... yet,  but she seems pretty awesome. I think that there should be more people out there like her that inspire people the way she inspired me. I love you Beyonce! <3

FreedomIsMyVirtue said...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 6:05 am
Beyonce is the BEAST!!!

WritingLoverForever said...
I'm not familiar with Beyonce's music, like, at all (though I've always intended to check into it), but she is one gorgeous woman. :)

xelawriter97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
ok dude, we have like the same picture on our screennames!!!

KInG-B-101 said...
I love this album still to this day I listen to it if im' going through a hard tim.I love and respect Beyonce' I think she is The Baddest in the Music Industry!

2beautifulblueyes replied...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! NICKIE MANAJ  is the baddest in the game

Duane replied...

yes she is but beynnce is next in line

K.Feisty said...
Nov. 10, 2010 at 8:20 am
This album is really old but Beyonce is such a wonderful singer and all her slower songs have such a good message and all in all she's great:)

Brook_little_obbsessive said...
This i really old?

pixie5 said...
destiney's child was amazing and this album was made in like 2003. beyonce's a great artist but i'm just saying.

Macx14 said...
Very well written!!

GemValley250This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 30, 2010 at 10:58 am
Really like the review, well done!:)

Marlyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 30, 2010 at 10:12 am
some great songs, and a great pic to go with it! will have to look it up! read some of my stuff?

Sarahj11235 said...
this is great review, it actually made me consider buying the CD. I really liked this, I'm a big beyonce fan