Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Finally, the rock world has found a sound that is brand new. Literally! Brand New's album "Your Favorite Weapon" is the best example of mixing emo and punk. It is a fantastic album because it has a fresh sound, the songs are superior, and its energy keeps on going and going.

The album's new sound will blow away listeners. The sound changes throughout, with an upbeat song like "Jude Law and a Semester Abroad" preceding an emo lyrical song like "Mixtape." Every song has a creative touch that will keep the listeners connected, you won't skip over any of them!

To be honest, when I bought the CD, I figured it would have, at best, four or five acceptable tunes. But was I wrong! They are all masterful and this band should definitely be played more on the radio.

I am shocked at how well written these songs are. In "Seventy Times 7," my favorite track, it's as if the singer is speaking directly to you.

This album will also amaze its listeners because the band is very energetic about their music. This album makes you want to stand up and shout the lyrics at the top of your lungs. Because of this energy, it should persuade any listener to idolize them. Throughout this record, it made me feel like a part of the new sound of rock, and it felt awesome. .

Review by

callie15 said...
Great review! I'll definally look into these guys :)

IgniteTheAirwavesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 20, 2010 at 6:52 am:
I agree, and I'm glad that quality music is given a quality review. Best song, in my opinion- Soco Amaretto Lime. Just the way he sings it.

Chrisc said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 10:30 am:
i agree with you these guys are amazing and i love this album along with Deja Entendu. their sound is so original their lyrics are so meaningful which is hard to find in most of today's music

Andrea C. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 13, 2010 at 10:26 pm:
I am thrilled to see that brand new is getting the recognition they deserve through this review!
I rarely find anyone who has heard their music, let alone heard of the band altogether, so it's a relief to see that you appreciate them as much as I do.
Great review!

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_kcn1t3qtnj83cj1u3oaqbd4ok1, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) in Unknown on line 0