Taylor Swift – This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

If you are a country-music fan, you are well aware of Taylor Swift, the talented singer/songwriter known for her songs about relationships. Swift's new album, “Fearless,” continues that theme.

Swift music displays past relationships and personal stories, which gives a bird's-eye view of her life. “Fearless,” the first track, illustrates a perfect first date, and the story will capture the hearts of girls all over the world. “White Horse” is a slower song that counters “Love Story” because there is no Prince Charming in the end. Girls will relate to other great songs like “You Belong With Me,” “Breathe,” and “Fifteen.”

Although Taylor is just 18, she shines in the music industry and within two years has made her mark on country music.
This album is uplifting when you are sad and brings out the best when you are happy; the music varies with some slow songs and some high energy beats. “I think ‘fearless' is ­having fears but jumping ­anyway,” Swift says.

“Fearless” is truly worth listening to, even if you are not a country fan. Swift's pure voice radiates in each song, and her honest feelings come to life.

pianokeysevie said...
See.. I like her voice on CDs, but it's not as good when she sings live.. She's really pretty and all, and she's talented, but not super talented, in my opinion that is

callie15 said...
Nice review! I used to love Taylor Swift so much when I was younger, and her first cd will remain close to my heart. However, I can't say that she really is a country singer. She's more main-stream.

browneyedcat said...
May 6, 2011 at 11:29 am
she's like, 21 now.

momsieandPopsiclebabe said...

taylor swift is one of my favorite artists she is a girl who knows what its like to have guy problems and is not afrade to talk about it she is one of my insperations a true role model she is and her songs are all unbeleivable and she seems like the sweetest girl on earth and fun to be with iwords couldnt describ how talented she is

Aderes18 said...
I love Taylor Swift!

Hope U. said...
well taylor swift is my role model

princess6 said...
My favorrite song by her is shouldve said no

horsegirl27 said...
I think her voice in some songs is really good, but in others, it almost pains me. I so love her songs though. Also, out of curiosity, who thinks shes prettier hait straight compared to long?

HARLEE replied...
Well Taylor Swift is beautiful and very out going. She's my hero and i hope to be like her some day. Yeah it may not happen. But you have to keep dreaming right?

Tay22 said...
Sept. 28, 2010 at 8:34 am
I dont think she is one of the best singers out there. But i like her songs. If someone else could sing them, then that would be great.

ammm123 replied...
Sept. 28, 2010 at 9:08 am
I completly agree! I think she writes great songs, & I can relate to so many of them. But I don't think she has a good voice at all.

J.L.G said...
Sept. 28, 2010 at 8:33 am
I think Taylor Swift is a good singer, she has good songs, and she is pretty.. Great artical by the way.

JessieBecker said...
Jun. 30, 2010 at 10:38 am
I have never listen to a Taylor Swift song that didn't get stuck in my head. I usually like a different genre in music, but there's something about her songs that put me in a better mood when I'm sad, and have me dancing when I usually HATE dancing.

Duane replied...
I am the same way with her songs like love story and you belong with me I played that for my GF and she loved it so much she started to cry but I love you taylor swift wh

Diana101 said...
I love her albums!!! Shes such a great singer!!

kmpoetgirl7 said...
I consider myself among her biggest fans. This review was great and truly did her justice! thank you! :) Nice work.

Schnoodlebear said...
It is a good article but  I would have to disagree. I personally do not think Taylor can sing.

Everhart replied...
Then you have no taste. Owning my disagree. She's not for everyone, but you don't have to run amuck hating on people.

BlackHoleHighAlumni This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 16, 2010 at 8:43 am

How is saying they thinks she can't sing hating on everyone? Really? It's their opinion, leave them alone. I'm not too fond of her voice either. It's our opinion. That's all there is to it.

Great article, though I must say I don't think she's as great as everyone says. :/ But great article! :)

notebookgirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
<3 taylor swift. have this cd in my alarm clock and listen to it every morning lol