The Emancipation of Mimi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The Emancipation of Mimi,” Mariah Carey's astonishing fourteenth album, has brought the diva back into the limelight after her career seriously stalled with the disappointing “Glitter” and “Charmbracelet.” Now, with a number-one debut and three chart-topping singles, Carey has created her best work in years.

The disc bears “We Belong Together,” which stayed at number one for 13 weeks and is one of Carey's most successful songs ever. The album is comprised of upbeat tempos, strong ballads and inspirational lyrics. The producers include Kanye West, The Neptunes and Jermaine Dupri. The album encompasses club anthems, strong ballads, and relationship conflicts and shows off catchy lyrics and dance-craving beats. Clear in every song is Carey's amazing vocal ability.

The CD embraces ྌs R & B while incorporating modern hip-hop. The disc is a must-have for Carey fans, and really, all music lovers.