Mae - The Everglow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Many great bands come from the beautiful state of Virginia, but the one that deserves the most respect is Mae. This five-piece group first introduced their talent with “Destination: Beautiful,” which was an instant success. Their much-anticipated second CD was released this year and blew listeners away.

Mae's first CD was composed mostly of slow melodic tracks that focused on displaying their talent. Listening to this second CD, I realized how much a band can improve or expand their sound after a U.S. tour or a CD success. “The Everglow” has a very different sound and is full of fast, catchy songs. Regardless of the change, Mae continues to be my favorite band.

Mae, a Christian group, bases their lyrics around life-changing stories and religious ideas. Their lyrics are inspirational and, of course, don't include profanity. This is one of the main reasons I find Mae so enjoyable.

Mae is a perfect example of a driven band that spreads positive messages. Their talent never fails to amaze me no matter how many times I listen to this album. If you enjoy fabulous music, grab a copy of “The Everglow,” make some hot cocoa, sit by a fire, and indulge in Mae's beautiful sound.