Live Art This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Live Art” is a compilation of tunes from live shows performed between 1992 and 1995. For those who don't know, the Flecktones sing a popular type of music known as jazzgrass, which combines stylistic elements of jazz and bluegrass.

Prior to the release of “Live Art,” the band members spent time in Korea, the Philippines, Mongolia and Africa, giving the album its international musical spectrum.

Although each song on the two discs is its own showcase of talent, my favorites include “Stomping Grounds,” “Bigfoot,” “Far East Medley,” “Amazing Grace,” “The Sinister Minister,” and “Flight of the Cosmic Hippo.” Because of its happy, upbeat rhythms and downright enjoyability, “Stomping Grounds” is the song I wake up to every morning. “Bigfoot” is probably the greatest song (musically) on the album and features incredible solos. “Flight of the Cosmic Hippo” is a banjo solo that concludes the album.

This CD is a must for any hardcore musician, especially if you play bass guitar. The eclectic blend of sounds will appeal to almost anyone who listens, so buy this album and go to a show!