Stars “Set Yourself on Fire” This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.” The opening line of this 12-song album grabs you from the get-go but don't let that line throw you, there's nothing dark or gloomy here. Stars is a Montreal-based quartet that sounds like nothing here in America.

Their third album, “Set Yourself On Fire,” is a catchy sing-along look into love, life, and everything in-between.

This is a pretty upbeat album with every kind of instrument thrown into the mix. All emotions are explored; every song tells a story, and you'll find yourself relating to at least one of them.

“Your Ex-Lover Is Dead,” the opening song, has real meaning with lines like, “I'm not sorry I met you, I'm not sorry it's over” which I believe speaks to everyone.

Whether you're in love, have been, wish you were, or wish you weren't, this album will speak to you. If you're looking for something fresh, or something to relate to, give this album a listen.