Shrines by Purity Ring This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Formed in 2010, Canadian band Purity Ring consists of lead singer Megan James and instrumentalist Corin ­Roddick. The group creates experimental, witch house, and post-dubstep-influenced music. Their only album, “Shrines,” released in July 2012, caused a surge in their popularity. They received much praise for their deeply immersive music – so much, in fact, that the day they released a cover of Soulja Boy's “Grammy,” their ­website crashed due to high demand for the song. “Shrines” reached number two on Billboard's Dance/Electronic ­Albums list.
Purity Ring has a unique sound with dominant vocals and saturated synth that draws in the listener. While the tone of Megan's vocals gives off soothing optimism, Roddick evokes an ominous sensation with energized musical genius, as is clear in the single “Fineshrine.”
“Amenamy” paints the air with a subtle tranquility while introducing an inexplicable yet undeniable witchy darkness. Roddick balances these moods impeccably by producing a tune that will effortlessly repeat in one's head.
Purity Ring is a band that is definitely worth a listen.

AsphyxiaBellum said...
Mar. 25 at 10:13 am:
Purity Ring is one of the greatest "weird" duos ever. -w-

phalishi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 27 at 6:16 pm :
Couldn't have said it better :D