Nothing Was The Same by Drake | Teen Ink

Nothing Was The Same by Drake

January 7, 2014
By Adeola Awolaja BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Adeola Awolaja BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Nothing Was the Same

As a fan of Drake, listening to any of his albums is never disappointing. The way he pours his feelings into his music captivates his listeners right away with the help of a catchy beat. Aubrey Drake Graham is no victim of the stereotypical description of rap music. No meaningless lyrics ever cross his lips. Not only is he a modest, talented rapper, he has a set of pipes on him, too. Through his album, “Nothing Was the Same”, he proceeds to showcase his talent just as he did for his previous releases.
“Nothing Was the Same” is Drake’s junior album sold 658,000 copies in its first week and is gaining more success than his sophomore album, which had multiple songs high up on the charts. This album has had three songs on the famous Billboard’s Top 100 and featured other popular artists such as Jay-Z, 2 Chainz, and Big Sean. His style and flow has inevitably changed the rap game. With the way he is going now, he will definitely go down in the books. “I’m just as good as my mentor, but that’s still the boss, don’t get sent for.” His music shows that his success doesn’t get to his head and he does not lose his roots.
“Started from the bottom, now I’m here.” Drake got to where he is now independently, and doesn’t let anyone forget it. He always proves that he deserves the success he obtains today through his lyrics, making sure no one mistakes him for a “snotty rich kid” blowing money as soon as he gets it.
For anyone who is not particularly fond of this Canada born artist, I recommend a quick listen. That is all you will need to transform into a new fan. From his heartfelt lyrics, to his clever word play, Drake never ceases to impress his fans and critics. He continues to pay homage to his idols that come before him and strive to become one for his listeners today.