Fiona Apple – "Extraordinary Machine" This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Fiona Apple’s music has ­never ceased to amaze me, but after I bought her most ­recent album, “Extraordinary Machine,” I’ve had her songs constantly stuck in my head. You can find many types of songs on this CD: rock, pop, indie, classical, waltz. Her lyrics are depressing, and I’ve yet to find a single line that isn’t about love, but if you enjoy the beats and melodies of music over the lyrics, you’ll enjoy
her style.

What I like best about this CD is the many guest musicians playing crazy instruments. If you like Apple’s style, then you will like “Extraordinary Machine.” If you have never been introduced to her, take a chance on a unique, inspiring, and haunting album.

Tara said...
Aw, I love Fiona Apple! :) I think my favorite album of her's is Tidal. I really like the song Shadowboxer. :) Great review!

Valerie said...
Nov. 6, 2008 at 6:45 am
Hey!! You're from my town! I went to West Valley years ago. I saw Fiona Apple at Pechanga when this record came out. She was incredible. Be Sure to look up live vids from then.