Hannah Montana – This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

This Disney triple threat is back for her second soundtrack and first solo CD that includes two discs. The first contains music from the hit Disney Channel show “Hannah Montana.” You get a glimpse ­into Miley's world on this self-titled album, “Meet Miley Cyrus.”

The second Hannah Montana album has Disney written all over it, with songs inspiring kids to be themselves. Songs like “Rockstar,” “One in a Million,” and “Bigger than Us” are easy to relate to with their memorable lyrics about love. Teens can catch on to hit songs like “Nobody's Perfect,” “Life's What You Make It,” and “True Friend,” which talk about dealing with problems and how your best friends are always there for you.

My favorite track is the ring-tone-ready “We Got the Party.” Miley's natural voice shines on this soundtrack, whether it's an upbeat dance song or a slower melody.

As soon as she takes off her wig, she also takes off the Disney-produced lyrics. Miley wrote most of the second disc, making it even easier to relate to, yet still PG-rated.

The first big hit from this CD is “G.N.O. (Girl's Night Out),” which is a perfect tune for hanging out with your best friends. Other hits have emerged, including “Start All Over” and “See You Again,” which have aired on the Disney Channel and swept the airwaves.

This self-titled album also ­includes songs perfect for road trips, like “Right Here,” “As I Am,” and “Good & Broken,” which have become my ­favorites. Probably the most ­inspirational song is “I Miss You,” which Miley wrote for her “Pappy” after his death.

Although much of this two-in-one album is computer-mixed, it also has strong lyrics and good beats. And my ­favorite part is Miley signs the songs that she writes as Destiny Hope Cyrus, her real name.

Whether or not you're a fan of the show, this soundtrack is sure to get your attention.

sally sunshine said...
Oct. 6 at 2:46 pm
i dont really like hannah montannah and miley cyrus could try to be a little more appropriate but i love her songs and it was a great review

Emely S. said...
Jan. 6 at 10:46 am
This was not a veryu good artyicle bvecaus e miely has turned to a freak'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

poophead said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 8:16 am
Memorable Lyrics? The only reason I remember any of the lyrics was because they were probably the dumbest lyrics I had ever heard

Hope U. said...

ok miley cyrus um eww or should i say hannah smontana

lol

ALR107 replied...
Dec. 18, 2011 at 10:19 am
Wow.... um.... wow...... What has this world come to?

WritingLoverForever said...
I know I'm probably the only one who feels like this, but I think Miley is such an amazing artist. I think her music is amazing and I love her show. Sure, she hasn't made the best decisions in her life, and her good rolemodel status seems to be diminishing, but I can't help but love her anyway. Her music...it has just worked magic in my life. Her sad songs from her CD "Breakout" got me through the most devasting breakup I've ever had. And songs of hers like "The Climb" helped me find myself when... (more »)

MickeyH replied...
I don't very much agree with you, WriterLoverForever, on her music- well, I shouldn't be saying anything in that regard since I don't listen to Miley or Hannah or whoever she really is ;-) but I do agree that while she has made mistakes, she may still be a good person at heart- we're all young here and all have made some pretty horrible mistakes, I'm going to guess- I have anyway- and I'm sure if we were in her position we'd think it was a stupid decision but we can't do anything about it. ... (more »)

purple_ashes said...
ok number one. miley cyrus and hannah motana are the same person. sure she pretends to be a whole different person with hannah but still. they are the same deep down inside. and miley deep down inside is not so much so much of a great rolemodel. consodereing what she did at one of her concerts. should little kids be exposed to this kind of behavioar? teen just as much. who want more people in this generation doing the inapproaprite thing that she shows its ok to do. talk about dumbing down th... (more »)

Valery5This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 11:55 am
Miley is a total bore to me i dont lie her music and her acting is over done

Ambie said...
Miley Cyrus is ok-she has a unique voice, but she isn't my favorite!!!

bennyB said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 11:47 am
I cant belive people like hanna montana/mily cirus.

Mickie... replied...
It is milEy cYrus... and this is how to spell believe... Sorry, it kind of drives me crazy when I see spelling mistakes like that...

Poetry in Motion said...
I love Miley Cyrus but hate Hanna Montana good thing she is quitting being Hannah Montana love her song Party in the USA have it on my I pod u should really check it out.

phoenixqueen replied...
Jan. 22, 2010 at 10:33 am
Okay, this has nothing to do with the article, but it really bugs me: does no one use punctuation anymore? Sometimes sentences don't make sense because it is several sentences run together!

StormyJ said...
Jan. 10, 2010 at 11:01 am
Nice review. I dont really like Hannah Montana but Miley's okay I guess!!! Party in the USA rocks so does her like 'The Time of Our Lives' Album!!! Check That Out!!!!

sasha120 said...
its a good review but i absolutely hate hannah montana .!!!!!! have u heard her song, supergirl? narcisist much?

thesilverrose replied...
Dec. 5, 2009 at 1:09 am
I know. I hate hannah montana and the song supergirl too.

Angel*music*lover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 22, 2009 at 10:25 am
hating someone for their thoughts expressed with music is a bit... wrong, dont you think?

thesilverrose replied...
did you hear what she did? maybe you should check it out. i don't life the song supergirl. it doesn't make any since, but anyways. i shouldn't have used the word hate... highly dislike would've been better.

purple_ashes replied...
yeah i guess you guys are right i take back the word hate and replace it with dislike:)