Hannah Montana – | Teen Ink

Hannah Montana – MAG

By Addie Schmitz BRONZE, Grapevine, Texas
Addie Schmitz BRONZE, Grapevine, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

This Disney triple threat is back for her second soundtrack and first solo CD that includes two discs. The first contains music from the hit Disney Channel show “Hannah Montana.” You get a glimpse ­into Miley's world on this self-titled album, “Meet Miley Cyrus.”

The second Hannah Montana album has Disney written all over it, with songs inspiring kids to be themselves. Songs like “Rockstar,” “One in a Million,” and “Bigger than Us” are easy to relate to with their memorable lyrics about love. Teens can catch on to hit songs like “Nobody's Perfect,” “Life's What You Make It,” and “True Friend,” which talk about dealing with problems and how your best friends are always there for you.

My favorite track is the ring-tone-ready “We Got the Party.” Miley's natural voice shines on this soundtrack, whether it's an upbeat dance song or a slower melody.

As soon as she takes off her wig, she also takes off the Disney-produced lyrics. Miley wrote most of the second disc, making it even easier to relate to, yet still PG-rated.

The first big hit from this CD is “G.N.O. (Girl's Night Out),” which is a perfect tune for hanging out with your best friends. Other hits have emerged, including “Start All Over” and “See You Again,” which have aired on the Disney Channel and swept the airwaves.

This self-titled album also ­includes songs perfect for road trips, like “Right Here,” “As I Am,” and “Good & Broken,” which have become my ­favorites. Probably the most ­inspirational song is “I Miss You,” which Miley wrote for her “Pappy” after his death.

Although much of this two-in-one album is computer-mixed, it also has strong lyrics and good beats. And my ­favorite part is Miley signs the songs that she writes as Destiny Hope Cyrus, her real name.

Whether or not you're a fan of the show, this soundtrack is sure to get your attention.