Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus | Teen Ink

Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus

By Cinthya17 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Cinthya17 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

Miley has gotten enough of both worlds and has given up her wig. She is a caterpillar in the process of transforming into a butterfly, ready to take on the world.

This brilliant artist does not fail to drop the public’s jaws. As if We Can’t Stop and her VMA’s performance with Robin Thicke was not conflicting enough in the public’s eyes, Miley drops Wrecking Ball and has no trouble of surprising the world once again with her video. This video was offensive to many, but it is only offensive to the people who do not understand.

Miley speaks metaphorically to her fans in Wrecking Ball. Music is vivid when you can connect with the lyrics and your situation is explained through a song. Everyone should be able to relate to this song, and even the video, because it is based on failed love that scars and leaves emotionally damaged. Miley shows that she secretly still loves the pain by kissing the sledge hammer. Destructive love is symbolized by the wrecking ball, and she is naked and stripped to demonstrate that she is hurt on the inside and how her relationship with her ex fiancé, Liam Hemsworth, destroyed her.

I have never been a bigger fan of Miley than I am now. I want to get to know an artist and get a perspective of their world through their music. The honesty in her music and actions should be appreciated. Do not judge simply because you do not understand it. Wrecking Ball is so significant because it was written to express pain that everyone has felt, but many could not find the words to describe.

I wrote this for school, but I really liked my article at the end. I thought I would not be able to find something I genuinely connected with and felt strong about, but I did.