AM by Arctic Monkeys | Teen Ink

AM by Arctic Monkeys

By Jessicalove24 GOLD, Evanston, Illinois
Jessicalove24 GOLD, Evanston, Illinois

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, 'I'm Possible'" -Audrey Hepburn

The Arctic Monkeys are back with their fifth studio album and European/North American tour. It's been 10 years since the British indie rock band formed and created their debut album being the fastest-selling debut album in British music history. AM reached number 1 on the UK albums chart, selling 157,329 copies, making it the second fastest-selling album this year so far. It also sold 42,000 copies in the United States during its first week on sale, making it the band's highest charting in the United States to date. AM features 3 singles, "R U Mine?" "Do I Wanna Know?" and "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?" along with 9 other songs all written and composed by the lead singer of the band, Alex Turner.
Deep bass, electric guitars, banging drums and a sweet, soulful voice are all compiled to create this amazing album. You can feel the heart that the band put into making this album what it is. With influences such as Black Sabbath, Velvet Underground, Dr. Dre and Aaliyah, this album offers a variety of different music genres and gives it the independent sound that would appeal to any music lover.
The album is available on iTunes for free streaming or purchasing.