The Blue Album by Weezer This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

"Weezin’ over Weezer"

Got the blues? So does Weezer! “Weezer” is the name of an American rock band that originated in 1992 in Los Angeles. Weezer’s albums tend to be themed around colors, this one in particular is “The Blue Album”.

As you delve into The Blue Album, you find yourself encompassed by the easy tunes of Weezer as they embrace you warmly with “My Name Is Jonas”. As the song comes to an end, the band has already given you that hug that you so desperately needed and has stood you back on your feet. As you cruise down the road riding shotgun, Weezer takes the wheel and distracts you from your problems by telling you about their girl problems in “No One Else”. As you reach a red light, Weezer tells you a story about their past with “the World Has Turned and Left Me Here”, they leave you breathless and you begin to ponder whether your current situation is all that terrible to begin with. The light turns green and the uplifting tunes of “Buddy Holly” take you on an epic joyride.

You lull to sleep in the car on the way to the beach as you experience “Only in Dreams”. You awaken to the “Sweater Song”, Weezer pulls up to the board walk for “Surf Wax America”, a lovely, care-free, easy day of surfing at the beach. “In the Garage” comes on and you experience your childhood again, rediscovering the safety and security of that “special place”. As your “Holiday” ends, you’re left saying “Say It Ain’t So” and you pack your things back in the car, thus ending your perfect day with Weezer. Weezer again takes the wheel and drives you home.

By now you’ve forgotten what this article you’re reading is about, the Blue Album, and that’s exactly what it does to you. The Blue Album makes you forget your worries, your problems, and difficulties. This album is perfect for those rainy days that leave you wishing for rain, and is even better for any other day. Weezer’s awesome tunes make you remember the important things in life and realize that your troubles are not so tragic, and that life goes on. The Blue Album is a care-free, easy going album.

Weezer’s tracks were perfectly selected for this album and everyone should give this album a chance. The Blue album does not disappoint, even if you’re not currently having any problems. Weezer’s Blue Album left me jubilant, joyful, and wanting more.