Hail to the King by Avenged Sevenfold This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

After a substantial three year hiatus, Avenged Sevenfold is back again with their long-awaited album, Hail to the King. Rather than trying to reinvent the wheel, the group decided to strip things down and go for a much simpler approach in their songs, a major risk in the music industry. However, it can be safely said that their efforts were not in vain, as Hail to the King may just be Avenged Sevenfold's best album to date.
Let’s start off with the track list, potentially the most important part of any album. Diehard Avenged Sevenfold fans won’t be disappointed, because while the band has gone for a simpler, harder-rock feel, every element of their style has been maintained. The album kicks things off with a boom with Shepherd of Fire, with a slow, almost orchestral opening, followed by the classic Sevenfold style fans have come to love. From there, things only get hotter, with their namesake song Hail to the King, followed by Doing Time, This Means War, and Requiem. Each one presents a variation of riffs, rhythms, and guitar solos sure to induce instant head banging. After this, the album arrives at Crimson Day, a softer, far more emotional piece. This one stands out amongst the rest, as the lyrics are beautiful, to say the least, and the overall feel of the song is somber and almost sweet.
After this, the album spirals back to more classic Sevenfold, with Heretic, Coming Home, and Planets. As with the first set of four, each one is varied enough to keep the style and feel that Avenged Sevenfold has been known to deliver, while still making the listener feel as though they’re experiencing an entirely new piece. And at the last spot on the album, but far from the least, we have Acid Rain. This track will probably turn the heads of most listeners, as instead of embracing a hard-rock vibe, Acid Rain is a very slow, piano based song. While it’s most certainly not the kind of style Sevenfold fans have come to know and love, it’s still a beautiful piece, and more than worth spamming the replay button for.
Hail to the King had monumental standards to live up to, especially after the long three year wait. However, it far exceeds all expectations from the moment your hand hits the Play button. Every track is a new piece of amazing music that Avenged Sevenfold has been known to make, from the heavy-riff based This Means War, to the melodic and orchestral Requiem, and finishing things off with the gorgeous Acid Rain. After seven different albums, Avenged Sevenfold has made another musical masterpiece, and Hail to the King deserves every amount of praise it receives. I strongly recommend the album to any Sevenfold fan, or any rock fan in general, as the variation in music helps to appeal to all kinds of audiences. Hail to the King is an absolute must-have.

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 5:50 pm:
this is my album omfg, i love A7X and your review makes me want to quit listening to the xx and go  right back to hail to the king~!

ShagunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 24 at 8:20 am:
Thanks for that. I love Avenged Sevenfold but Muse and I are soulmates :)