Michael Bublé – “Call Me Irresponsible” | Teen Ink

Michael Bublé – “Call Me Irresponsible” MAG

By Anonymous

If you are a fan of jazz, or ­music in general, it is certain that you will find Michael Bublé's album, “Call Me Irresponsible,” simply irresistible.

From the very start, Bublé grabs your attention with “The Best Is Yet to Come,” a song ­also sung by Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett. And if you have not completely fallen in love with Bublé's soulful voice after the first few songs, you will be swept off your feet by “Everything,” written by Bublé and his pianist, Alan Chang. Although this song strays from his traditional big-band style, the guitar and piano show that Bublé is not limited in his musicality.

Many of the songs have been previously recorded by artists like Sinatra, Mel Tormé, Leo­nard ­Cohen, and Elvis Presley, but Bublé's covers are anything but second-rate. With amazing vocals and incredible musical arrangements, he presents each song as something new and different.

Bublé's upbeat jazz tracks like “The Best Is Yet to Come,” “Call Me Irresponsible,” “I've Got the World on a String,” and “That's Life” complement the soulful songs like “Me and Mrs. Jones,” “I'm Your Man,” and “Lost.”

This album is, without a doubt, one of my favorites. It never grows old and is fitting for whatever mood I am in. If I am having a fantastic day or am a bit melancholy, this album is always a pick-me-up.